- ALL letters of recommendation are done through the Evaluator Portal.
- As per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, NursingCAS may not release letters of reference to anyone other than your designated schools, including the applicant or references themselves.
- Once a reference is “complete,” you cannot delete the reference.
- You can choose which reference to submit to your designations. If you are going to use the same reference for multiple designations, advise your reference to be vague when they are talking about schools/programs in which you may be applying too.
- If your reference is having any issues with the Evaluator Portal/Reference, please have them contact NursingCAS directly.
- You must attach your references to the specific designation in order for your designation to access the letter of recommendation. See “Designations” for specific instructions.
Steps to Adding a New Reference
Step 1: Click “Add New Entry” in Reference Section
Step 2: Choose “Yes” or “No” to “Do you want to waive your right of access to this letter of recommendation?
- Yes – You are waiving the right to see the recommendation.
- No – You have the opportunity to view the recommendation. You must contact your reference directly to obtain the reference. NursingCAS will not be able to provide access to the letter of recommendation
Step 3: Enter all required information: Title, Name, Occupation and E-mail Address
Note: If you do not select “Other” as an occupation, you should not type anything into the “Describe Occupation if Other:” section.
Step 4 (Optional): Write a comment to your reference
Step 5: Click on Submit
Upon submitting this information, an email will be generated to your reference. This email includes a link to the Evaluator Portal, a Username and Password. Please advise your references to monitor their spam/junk folders as some email systems filter certain email addresses. If your reference has any issues obtaining this email or accessing the Evaluator Portal, please have them contact NursingCAS Customer Service directly.
If you decide to change a reference name, use the delete button and add the new reference information. This can only be done if the reference’s status is listed as “New” or “In Progress.” Once a reference is received and the status switches to “Completed” the reference cannot be changed in any way by the applicant or the evaluator.
Once your request for references has been made, it is your responsibility to monitor the status of your Letters of References, even after you e-submit your application. It is up to you to ensure that your evaluators complete the Letters of Reference in a timely manner. NursingCAS advises that all references be complete by your designation’s application deadline. NursingCAS programs may not consider applicants who submit late materials. NursingCAS does not enforce reference deadlines and will process your references to your designated programs even if it is past their deadline.
For more information regarding Letters of Reference, please refer to the FAQs or click here.